BandWorks offers a variety of Special Event Clinics throughout the year. Clinics are designed to enhance students’ musical experience and develop specific skills that are difficult to expand on during our regular programs. Short-term in nature, Clinics may run one time for just a few hours or meet several times in a series. Taught primarily by current BandWorks teachers, Clinics give our teachers an opportunity to delve more deeply into their own areas of expertise with students, and provide an environment that emphasizes more specific topics, skills and goals.
Current Clinic/Special Workshop:
BLUES 101 with Jules Leyhe
For aspiring blues/rock ‘n’ roll musicians at all levels, this 2 hour workshop with Jules Leyhe will focus on blues improvisational techniques that will enhance students’ overall performance ability and confidence in all genres.
Armed with a decade of guitar-playing experience – including a degree in Guitar Performance from the esteemed Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA – this up-and-coming blues guitarist has recently sold out San Francisco’s famed Biscuits and Blues.
This class will meet on Sunday, January 10th at our Oakland studios, 1-3pm. Enrollment is limited to 12 students, so call 510.843.2263 or email email@example.com today to reserve your spot!
Location: BandWorks Studios, 623 – 3rd St, Oakland
Date: Sunday 1-3 pm – February 10
Eligibility: all ages and experience levels welcom
To Sign up: Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-843-2263
Examples of past Clinics:
- Rock Your Keys with Jennifer Jolly
- Percussion for Everyone! Adding Pecussive Color to the Mix with Brian Rice
- Dynamic Vocal Clinic with Bryan Dyer
- Drumming Master Class: Famous Grooves Series with Jeremy Steinkoler
- Basics of Soloing for All Melodic Instruments with Matthew Heulitt
- Live Performance Clinic for Singers with Kelleth Chin
- Led Zeppelin Drumming Techniques with Andrew Griffin