BandWorks offers a variety of special events throughout the year. Our clinics and adult jam sessions are designed to enhance students’ musical experience and develop specific skills that are difficult to expand on during our regular programs. Short-term in nature, they normally run for two hours, though the adult jams can be extended.
ADULT JAM SESSIONS will be held in San Rafael the 3rd Monday of the month beginning September 21st, 2018 and in Oakland the 1st Monday of each month beginning October 5th, 2018. Cost will be $5 in San Rafael and $10 in Oakland (unless you bring a friend new to BandWorks, then you both play for free). Just bring cash and give it to the BandWorks staff running the event. In San Rafael there will be a house band! Participants will pick a tune from their song list and join them to perform. A sort of live band karaoke, but for instruments too. In Oakland we’ll open our studios on a Friday night to an open jam. Hopefully there will be some interest in both events and it can become a way we can all meet and play with new people.
CLINICS give our teachers an opportunity to delve more deeply into their own areas of expertise with students, and provide an environment that emphasizes more specific topics, skills and goals. Clinics are typically held monthly in Oakland, but as interest develops we are hoping to have more than one a month and add them in San Rafael. More information coming on this new season soon. Here is our proposed lineup!
- 9/23/18 Ukelele Kyle Blase (1-3pm)
- 10/20/18 Songwriting Rachel Efron (1-3pm)
- 11/11/18 Bass Jesse Strauss (1-3pm)
- 12/9/18 Vocal Performance Moorea Dickason (1-3pm)
- 1/27/19 Keyboard Essentials Jennifer Jolly (11am-1pm)
- 2/17/19 Beat Making Kumar Butler (1-3pm)
- 3/14/19 What Box? Andy Maag (1-3pm)
- 4/15/18 Record a Song Steve Gibson (1-3pm)
- 5/27/18 Live Sound Production Nick Bell (1-3pm)