BandWorks offers a variety of special events throughout the year. Our clinics and adult jam sessions are designed to enhance students’ musical experience and develop specific skills that are difficult to expand on during our regular programs. Short-term in nature, they normally run for two hours, though the adult jams can be extended.
CLINICS give our teachers an opportunity to delve more deeply into their own areas of expertise with students, and provide an environment that emphasizes more specific topics, skills and goals. Clinics are typically held monthly in Oakland, but as interest develops we are hoping to have more than one a month and add them in San Rafael. More information coming on this new season soon. Here is our proposed lineup!
- 10/21/18 Discovering Your Song w/Rachel Efron (1-3pm)
- 11/11/18 Bass: The Glue of the Groove w/Jesse Strauss (1-3pm)
- 12/9/18 Vocal Performance w/Moorea Dickason (1-3pm)
- 1/27/19 Keyboard Essentials w/Jennifer Jolly (11am-1pm)
- 2/17/19 Beat Making w/Kumar Butler (1-3pm)
- 3/17/19 What Box? Creating Music w/Andy Maag (1-3pm)
- 4/14/19 Record a Song w/Steve Gibson (1-3pm)
- 5/27/19 Live Sound Production w/Nick Bell (1-3pm)
ADULT JAM SESSIONS will be held in San Rafael the 3rd Friday of the month beginning September 21st, 2018 and in Oakland the 1st Friday of each month beginning October 5th, 2018. Cost will be $5 in San Rafael and $10 in Oakland (unless you bring a friend new to BandWorks, then you both play for free). Just bring cash and give it to the BandWorks staff running the event. In San Rafael there will be a house band! After their set you can join the fun. Play solo, with your band, or with friends you meet there during our open mic/jam. In Oakland we’ll open our studios on the first Friday for an open jam. Meet new musicians and make new friends! Both events are 7-10pm.