Youth Open Mic – Starry Plough
BandWorks is proud to present Youth Open Mic at the Starry Plough, 3101 Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley. YOM gives young performers the opportunity to have their own showcase in a fun, supportive environment. With past performers ranging from ages 3-17 rocking their original songs, band covers, and cracking jokes, the Starry Plough Open Mic has become a gathering of some of the biggest up-and-comers in the bay area.
YOM is presented every 3rd Sunday, from 4pm-7pm at the Starry Plough. Sign ups start at 3:30pm on the day of the show, and performances start promptly at 4pm. Spots tend to fill up quickly, so please arrive early as you may not have a spot if you sign up after 4pm.
If you have a full band, see detailed instructions below.
For Questions contact: email@example.com
In order for things to run smoothly, here are some policies and guidelines for all performers:
- Spoken word performers, comedians, and musicians all welcome
- Adult support on stage is welcome, but the performance should spotlight youth performers
- A PA and microphones, as well as stage monitors, will be provided
- If you have any special setup needs (cellos need a mic, a stool for an exceptionally tall player, etc.) tell us what those needs are when you sign up
- If you are performing to a backing track, please bring your iPod/iPhone/mp3 player and hand it to the sound engineer with instructions when you’re on deck. We do not have a CD player.
We love it when full bands sign up to play our open mic! However, it can get complex, so in addition to the all performers guidelines above, please make sure to read the following guidelines for full bands:
- We will provide a small drum kit for your band if you notify us by noon the Friday before. If you wish to bring your own kit, you must arrive by 3:30pm to set it up. If you cannot arrive by 3:30pm, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements
- Our kit consists of: Bass Drum, Hi Hat and Snare.
- Load-out should only happen when there is not a performance going on.
- A short-scale keyboard is provided. Please bring your own sustain pedals.
- Please bring your own amps and instruments.
The program runs every 3rd Sunday from 4-7pm. Specific dates are listed below:
- January 15
- February 19
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18 (Father’s Day – Bring Dad!)
- July 16
- August 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17
For any questions, comments, sign-up, item donations (for contest and trivia prizes), contact: email@example.com